invalid license

Questions about GdPicture.NET license agreement.
boyan

invalid license

Post by boyan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:20 am

We just purchased GdPicture.NET Image SDK (335790) developer license on 11 Jan 2010, and we received the response and license code from Plimus. However, the received license code does not work.
I put in the license code into the sample "Document Viewer" from the latest downloaded GdPicture.NET Image SDK, it shows nothing when opening pdf file. When putting the license code into my project, the gdViewer.DisplayFromFile(pdfFile) returns the status: invalidLicense. My project worked before with the 30 days demo license code, and I have updated all 3 dlls with the latest dlls (version 6.5.0.3) after getting the full license code.

My development environment: Vista, .Net 3.5 SP1, C#.
From Plimus site, I can see our purchased license details:
Product Id: 335790; Account Id : 26630788; License Date: 2008-12-18 04:19:43.
I am not sure about the meaning of license date in the details, but it seems strange to me, as we did the purchase today - 11 Jan 2010.

Any help is appreciated.

Bo Yan

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: invalid license

Post by Loïc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:26 am

Hi,

You purchased the wrong edition.
The GdPicture.NET Image SDK edition does not include the document viewing feature. You can have a look on our edition comparison matrix from: https://www.gdpicture.com/comparison/dot ... matrix.php

If you want an upgrade to GdPciture.NET Document Imaging SDK edition, please contact our sales team at esales (at) gdpicture (dot) com.

With best regards,

Loïc Carrère

boyan

Post by boyan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:25 am

Hi Loic,
Thank you very much for answering my question. But I am still confused about which edition I need.

Actually, what I really need is the function of printing PDF, not displaying. That is the reason of my purchasing Image SDK. Unfortunately, the 30 days demo license does not differ the Image SDK and Document Imaging SDK.
Following the documentation, using the demo license, I use gdViewer.DisplayFromFile(pdfFile) to load a PDF, setup printer configurations, then call gdViewer.Print to print it.
In the section 1.9.1.2.1.9 of the Document Imaging SDK documentation, the function gdViewer.DisplayFromFile(pdfFile) is available in Image SDK, it is the way to load document. So I guessed Image SDK license is suitable to my purpose. Is there any other way to send a PDF file to printer?

Can I use the Image SDK to load and print the PDF files? or I have to purchase the document imaging SDK to print it?

Thanks and cheers,
Bo

boyan

Post by boyan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:53 pm

The following is all my code using GdPicture Imaging SDK. Could you please tell me which edition I need?

Code: Select all

using (var pdfView = new GdPicture.GdViewer())
            {
                bool result = pdfView.SetLicenseNumber("XXXX"); //  Please replace XXXX by a valid demo or commercial license KEY
                pdfView.EnableMenu = false;
                ps.DefaultPageSettings.PaperSize = paperSize;
                pdfView.LockViewer = false;
                pdfView.SilentMode = true;
                pdfView.PrintSetShowPrintingProgress(false);
                pdfView.BorderStyle = System.Windows.Forms.BorderStyle.None;
                var status = pdfView.DisplayFromFile(pdfFile);
                pdfView.PrintSetActivePrinter(ps.PrinterName);
                pdfView.PrintSetPrinterSettings(ps);
                pdfView.PrintSetOrientation(landscape? GdPicture.PrinterOrientation.PrinterOrientationLandscape : 
                                            GdPicture.PrinterOrientation.PrinterOrientationPortrait );
                pdfView.PrintSetPaperSize(paperSize);
                pdfView.PrintSetDocumentName(documentName);
                pdfView.PrintSetFromToPage(0, pdfView.PageCount);
                pdfView.Print();
                pdfView.CloseDocument();
            }

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi,

You need the Document Viewer SDK or the Document Imaging SDK edition.

If you purchased a bad edition, please send a mail to esales (at) gdpicture (dot) com to have an upgrade.

Please have a look on GdPicture.NET comparison matrix from https://www.gdpicture.com/comparison/dot ... matrix.php

With best regards,

Loïc Carrère

boyan

Post by boyan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Thank you very much for your information, Loic. I will try to change our license.
Bo