Cannot recognize some datamatrix codes

Discussions about barcode reading and writing
lordnedox

Cannot recognize some datamatrix codes

Post by lordnedox » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:14 am

Hi,
I already opened a ticket n. 15605 about this issue with a few datamatrix codes. I attach the files here as well, as usually you are quite fast answering the forums.
Most of these datamatrix cannot be recognized at 200 DPI, the reverse one not even at 600 DPI. With other free tools, such datamatrix scanner on Android smartphone there's no problem with any of these.

Can you please help us to solve this problem?

Thanks and regards

Edit 1:
In addition I have a question, is it possible to render just a portion of a PDF file to a GdPic image? This way I could keep high DPIs without loading in memory the whole page, which would cause memory problems in most PCs.

Edit 2:
Just tried the samples images found at "C:\Program Files (x86)\GdPicture.NET 8\Images\barcodes\DataMatrix", and cannot recognize 6.jpg, using the "Csharp-Barcode Recognition - DataMatrix" sample project.
Attachments
files.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 403 times

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Cannot recognize some datamatrix codes

Post by Loïc » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi,

Please try to don't duplicate issue on helpdesk support and here.
We have received your message and investigating it. Keep in mind such investigations requires time from us. We will reply to your ticket when we will have a solution.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Kind regards,

Loïc

lordnedox

Post by lordnedox » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:28 am

Hi Loïc,
sorry to bother you again, but I cannot understand if this problem has been fixed. The ticket still results unassigned, but the status has changed from open to [private], what does this mean?

If you could give me at least some info, as it's an essential function for our software.

Thanks
Regards

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi,

Your ticket is in escalation. Sorry for the delay, but we have some problem to solve it quickly.

Kind regards,

Loïc

lordnedox

Post by lordnedox » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:05 am

Hi Loic,
any news about this problem?

Edit: With the version 8.5 the bug seems fixed, but there's another problem with other documents, I already opened a ticket, will follow there.