QR barcode reading issue

Discussions about barcode reading and writing
matjazu

QR barcode reading issue

Post by matjazu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi,

I'm the owner of GdPicture.NET Document Imaging SDK Ultimate 9.2.4. In my new application I was testing reading of QR barcodes. Reading is OK, except in some cases. One case is an example of the image that is attached. The problem with this image is that QR code is printed next to other image and there is no blank space between image and QR code (please see attachment). I know that this is not recommended, but still is a situation that in this case is not avoidable.

I have tested this image also with your barcode example and demo also dosen't recognize this code. Is there some other option in your SDK that could improve accuracy of recognizing bar codes.

I have tested this image with other barcode SDK (Softek) and it didn't have any problem to recognize this QR code.

Regards,

Matjaz Urank
Attachments
000007.tif
Example
000007.tif (23.32 KiB) Viewed 7603 times

SamiKharma

Re: QR barcode reading issue

Post by SamiKharma » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:39 am

Hi,

Using FxSmooth before you try to recognize it should solve your problem.

Best,
Sami

matjazu

Post by matjazu » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi,

I tried that. It helped in some 40% of the images. Do you have one other suggestion?

Thanks,

Matjaz

SamiKharma

Post by SamiKharma » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 am

Hi,

Not not really. You could try RemoveLines, but the problem is it will not seperate the QR completely from the images, which is what you need. You need the barcode seperated from the images and not stuck to them, that is bad practice.

Best,
Sami