PDF Version and Signing Support

Feature Requests for GdPicture.NET.
lelis

PDF Version and Signing Support

Post by lelis » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi,

I'd like to know whether the current release (5.10.12) of GdPicture Imaging SDK supports generating PDF files compatible with version 1.7 of the PDF specification (Adobe Acrobat 8 and ISO 32000-1 compliant); if not, is there any forecast for adding support for that version and for digitally-signing generated PDF files?

Thanks for your attention,

--Rodrigo de Lélis.
Development Manager
PRODimage Tecnologia em Documentação Digital
Brazil

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: PDF Version and Signing Support

Post by Loïc » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi,

PDF versions are backward compatible. GdPicture Toolkits generate PDF in 1.3 or 1.4/A format. That means these PDF are 100% compatible with PDF specifications 1.7.

Digital-Signing feature should be available soon. We are in discussion with a leading company in PDF Management to make a partnership in order to add extended PDF features within GdPicture Toolkits.
I Hope an announcement will be published within a month.

Best regards,

Loïc

lelis

Re: PDF Version and Signing Support

Post by lelis » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Dear Loïc,

Thanks for your prompt answer. That's right, in fact, I found that the ISO 32000 documentation states that:

"Since ISO 32000-1 is a PDF version matching PDF 1.7, it is also suitable for interpretation of files made to conform with any of the PDF specifications 1.0 through 1.7."
(http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdf ... 0_2008.pdf - page 10).

I look forward to the digital signature support and other novelties in GdPicture soon!

Regards,

--Rodrigo de Lélis.
Development Manager
PRODimage Tecnologia em Documentação Digital
Brazil