Dev License & Site License- GDViewer Pro Asp.net Support

Questions about GdPicture.NET license agreement.
sreehari

Dev License & Site License- GDViewer Pro Asp.net Support

Post by sreehari » Fri May 22, 2009 9:33 am

Hi,
I am Sreehari, an Asp.net developer from India. I have been searching for an Activex control for viewing PDF and TIF file formats. I came across GDViewer Pro Activex control and found it suits best to our requirements.

What is the difference between GDViewer OCX and GDViewer Pro Activex components?

I have few queries about the pricing of the component. Since we are developing an asp.net application, do we need to buy a server license? What is the difference between Developer License and Site License?

We will package the web application to some of our customers so that they can host the web application on their Web servers. In this scenario, how can we redistribute this activex control? How the software licensing will be handled in such a scenario?

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Dev License & Site License- GDViewer Pro Asp.net Support

Post by Loïc » Sun May 24, 2009 9:46 am

Hi,
What is the difference between GDViewer OCX and GDViewer Pro Activex components?
See our comparison matrix: https://www.gdpicture.com/comparison/act ... matrix.php

Since we are developing an asp.net application, do we need to buy a server license?
No, our licensing mode is per developer only.
What is the difference between Developer License and Site License?
See: https://www.gdpicture.com/products/activ ... ctivex.php (Pricing).
We will package the web application to some of our customers so that they can host the web application on their Web servers. In this scenario, how can we redistribute this activex control? How the software licensing will be handled in such a scenario?
From the EULA:
You are not allowed to use your license key into public web page (page which can be read outside of your organization).
So in your case:

- Each of your customers must have their own license key.
- Your customers are not allowed to use their license key on public web page.

Let me know if I am not clear enough.

Kind regards,

Loïc

sreehari

Post by sreehari » Mon May 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have few more queries about some points in your reply.

In our organization , only one developer will use this component. So we will need only one developer license, am I right?

From the link https://www.gdpicture.com/products/activ ... ctivex.php, I understood that "All licenses include royalty-free distribution with your application or system" including this developer license, am I right?
So, we can package this licensed component along with our products independent of the product nature ( whether web or windows application), am I right?

In our case, our product will be a web application. TO some of our clients we will package this web application, so that they can host the product in their own web servers. SO it will be a generic installer, not customer specific. They will not use this component for development purposes. In this scenario, we can distribute our licensed component along with this product, since it is royalty-free, am I right?

Or, do we need to include separate license keys for those customers, to whom we will distribute this product?
In that we will not be a able to keep a generic installer for our product.

Awaiting your feedback,

Thanks,
Sreehari.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 am

Hi,

In our organization , only one developer will use this component. So we will need only one developer license, am I right?
Yes if only one developer is witting the software using the GdPicture Toolkit.

From the EULA:

Each valid license key entitles a single developer in a single organization to write software which accesses to the purchased GdPicture Toolkit.
From the link https://www.gdpicture.com/products/activ ... ctivex.php, I understood that "All licenses include royalty-free distribution with your application or system" including this developer license, am I right?
So, we can package this licensed component along with our products independent of the product nature ( whether web or windows application), am I right?
All our components are royalty free.
For web applications it is a bit complicated because they include the source code of the project. Therefore, if your web application source code is modified/maintained by employees in another company of your one, this company must have the needed licenses (per developer or site license). If it is a generic installation (same install on all your customer computers) you need only license(s) for your company.

Kind regards,

Loïc