Install problem and limits question

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
Dumbascii

Install problem and limits question

Post by Dumbascii » Fri May 29, 2009 9:51 pm

After download and installation, when attempting to add a reference to my .net project I get

A reference to C:\Program Files\GdPicture.NET\Redist\GdPicture.NET.dll could not be added. This is not a valid assembly or COM component . . .

VB.NET 2003
.NET Framework 3
Any ideas?

Also, before I spend a lot of time writing code, is anyone aware of an image size limit with GdPicture? I've smashed the limit of GDI+, so I'm looking for an alternative with GdPicture. The project will resize massive numbers of massive images and generate multiple derivatives in different directory structures (not doable with things like Adobe Lightroom). Image sizes range from 50MB to 250MB with a few 1.5GB images. Bit depth tends to be 16 bits per channel. There are at least 20,000 images . . . The big trouble with GDI+ is that the entire image is manipulated in memory and GDI+ dies with 50MB+ images.

Thanks!

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Install problem and limits question

Post by Loïc » Sat May 30, 2009 11:26 am

Hi,

GdPicture.NET requires Framework 2.0
Into the next release, we will provide versions for framework 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5

For image size limit, GdPicture.NET try to load each image in memory. If he can't he try to keep image source from file (slower). We can't tell what is the real image size limit in GdPicture.NET because it depends on the image compression & format. The better way is to test. Just know that GdPicture.NET is faster than GDI+ and can handle larger image than GDI+ can...

Kind regards,

Loïc