64bit Vista and c# problems

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
nschafer

64bit Vista and c# problems

Post by nschafer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 am

Loic,

This post will probably link in with another I've been posting in: gdviewer-activex/vista-t1537.html

I've been having trouble getting the GdPicture Pro Active-X control to run properly on my development station (Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit), and since I have moved mostly to programming in c# I decided it would make sense to look at your .Net component. Unfortunately I am having the same problem with the .Net component that I have with the Active-X control. Everything compiles fine, but when it tries to run I get the following error:
Could not load file or assembly 'GdPicture.NET, Version=6.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3058ead3ae55af17' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
I received this error when running your Twain Scanning sample in C#. The vb.net version works fine. Also, the error only occurs if I build the solution for "Any CPU" or 64 bit. However, if I build for an x86 environment the sample loads fine.

Any thoughts?

Neal.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: 64bit Vista and c# problems

Post by Loïc » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:22 am

Hi Neal,

You got it! :mrgreen:

The current release can be used on 32-bit application only (which work perfectly on 64 bits systems).

For that, you have to target the application to x86 systems.

Kind regards,

Loïc

PS: A native 64-bit GdPicture.NET should be available within few months.

nschafer

Re: 64bit Vista and c# problems

Post by nschafer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:11 pm

That explains it.

Thanks,
Neal.