Feature Requests: Image Masking

Feature Requests for GdPicture.NET.
Torben

Feature Requests: Image Masking

Post by Torben » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Are you going to add support for image masking using clipping paths rather than just alpha channels in the future?
Or a minimum implementation converting an embedded clipping path to alpha channel?

Definition: Clipping Path
A clipping path is a non-printing line that encloses one or more areas of a raster image. They are separate objects within an image. One common use of a path is to remove the background of a photo and create the illusion of transparency. Paths can also be used to extract individual objects or create non-rectangular shapes. Clipping path is useful for usual simple photo background editing.
Clipping paths are also widely known as ‘PhotoShop Paths’

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Feature Requests: Image Masking

Post by Loïc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi Torben,

The .NET framework already offers a lot of useful feature related to PATH (GDI+).

Introducing such a support in GdPicture.NET will result on a simple wrapper.

You can easily export a Bitmap object from GdPciture.NET using the GetBitmapFromGdPictureImage() method. Then, you will be able to work on the resulting bitmap with GDi+ & PATH support.

With best regards,

Loïc

Torben

Post by Torben » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:00 am

Hi Loïc

Not really a gdpicture question, but you mention to use GDI+ for reading the image mask

I have not worked with GDI+ earlier, but had a look at the API and after searching on google I have found lots of samples on how to create or apply an image mask
But I have found no example on how to actually get a clipping path already embedded within the BitMap

Now that you mention it is "a simple wrapper" could you give me few notes on where to look, or how this logical is suppose to be done ?
Cause it seems to me that GDI+ only handle alpha channals and not clipping paths

Thanks in advance

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:41 am

Hi Torben,
Now that you mention it is "a simple wrapper" could you give me few notes on where to look,
The GDI+ classes documentation can be found on msdn from this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... S.85).aspx
If you are looking for a specific sample which you can't found on msdn I suggest you to use google. GDI+ is very popular.
or how this logical is suppose to be done ?
Unfortunately i have no idea. I have never done such a task yet.

Kind regards,

Loïc