Feature Request: ICR

Feature Requests for GdPicture.NET.
dreynolds

Feature Request: ICR

Post by dreynolds » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:44 pm

GdPicture.NET Ultimate is already an incredible product. It would be even better if it could do Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) to read handwriting as easily as OCR.

QuentinG

Re: Feature Request: ICR

Post by QuentinG » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:55 am

I agree...an ICR module would be great!

rlh

ICR

Post by rlh » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi

We process lots of scanned forms which include hand written digits.

Are you able to include an ICR module for handwritten digits 0 to 9 in the future.

Thanks

Lee

SamiKharma

Re: ICR

Post by SamiKharma » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:24 am

Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot give you an exact date for the implementation of ICR capability in our toolkit.

Best Regards,
Sami

YDV

Handwriting recognition

Post by YDV » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Hello there,

I browsed this section of the forum but wasn't able to find anything related to this topic. I'm currently evaluating your product and one of the features I've been asked to examine is if the engine is capable of recognizing handwritten text. I've already run some tests and my conclusion is that the the letter is only recognized if it is written as if it was typed. Different people have different style of writing the letter or digits, for example one could add a hyphen(minus) in the middle of the digit 7 and this won't be recognized as a 7, so my question is if it's possible to build some kind of a template, as you do with the dictionaries, against which we are going to compare the letter read. The term self-teaching-algorithm was used somewhere in the previous posts, which I'm not familiar with, but I wonder if it could be applied in this case - whenever we read a scanned document with handwritten text we teach our system (update the template) if a match with a given level of certainty wasn't found in our template. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards.

Elodie

Re: Handwriting recognition

Post by Elodie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:57 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately it is not possible to use the OCR engine to recognize handwritten text at the moment, the self-teaching-algorithm can only work with typed text.

With best regards,

Elodie

YDV

Post by YDV » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:20 am

Hello Elodie,

Thanks for your reply. Nice to know that.

Kind Regards.

Elodie

Post by Elodie » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:33 am

You're welcome! Do not hesitate if you need any other information.

With best regards,

Elodie