Stripped TIFF vs Tiled TIFF

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
clocklear

Stripped TIFF vs Tiled TIFF

Post by clocklear » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Hello,

We use GdPicture to create TIFF images of documents for our business partners. A new partner is stating that our images will not work with their system because they are 'stripped':

“They images are stripped. Our software is unable to process stripped images.
Please contact your supply to reconfigure their images.

You can tell that they are stripped because the stripbytecounts does not equal the imagelength."
pic22115.gif
Is there anything I can about this? I don't see any mention of 'stripped' images in the documentation. Our TIFs are saved as 200 dpi, B&W, CCITT4 encoded.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Stripped TIFF vs Tiled TIFF

Post by Loïc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not provide way to manage Tiles or Strip mode for TIFF encoding.
We got very few requests for this feature which requires a big amount of work for us. I think a software which parse TIFF images must be able to read stripped & tiled images...
A workaround consists to use LibTiff.NET, I think this project allows to manage the TIFF encoding scheme.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Loïc

clocklear

Post by clocklear » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi Loïc,

That's what I've ended up doing; using LibTiff.NET to take my GdPicture output and convert the encoding scheme. It's all working now, thanks for a great product.

wael88

Post by wael88 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:55 pm

clocklear wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:39 pm
Hi Loïc,

That's what I've ended up doing; using LibTiff.NET to take my GdPicture output and convert the encoding scheme. It's all working now, thanks for a great product.
how did you managed to read the elevation data? i have the same problem and the tiles are always null
can you give a hint please?