Annotation Support in ActiveX

Feature Requests for GdPicture.NET.
harrellb

Annotation Support in ActiveX

Post by harrellb » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Loic,

I know that annotation support is being added. Can you let me know if it is being added to the ActiveX version as well as the .Net version? Can you also give an update on the time frame estimated for Annotation support? If the time frame is different for ActiveX vs .Net please indicate that as well.

Thanks and have a great day,

Bill

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Annotation Support in ActiveX

Post by Loïc » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi Bill,

For now we have no plan to add annotation support in the ActiveX versions. First we have to finish our implementation in GdPicture.NET which requires lot of time...

Thank you for your comprehension.

Loïc

harrellb

Post by harrellb » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Loic,

Thanks for the reply. Any suggestions then for how we can use GDPicture in a web client for our ECM solution? We can't get the .NET versions to work in the web because there is no viewer for the web and the scanning piece requires a link to the active window which only exists in Windows Applications. Our conclusion is that we need to use the ActiveX version but ALL ECM solutions require annotation and if that is not available in the ActiveX version then we can't use that. This leads me to conclude that GDPicture can only be used for ECM solutions that run as windows applications. Since almost all modern ECM solutions have full web clients or are 100% web based it doesn't appear that GDPicture can be used for ECM applications. Hopefully I am wrong and you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks and have a great week,

Bill

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi Bill,

We should deliver web solution for annotation & document viewing this year. We will first implement annotation in the GdViewer Winform control, then we will deliver a Silverlight control for such purpose in GdPicture.NET.
We are working on it almost every day. But we need some time, there is a lot of work to do, and almost from scratch.

Kind regards,

Loïc