Bad performance with PDF

Discussions about document viewing.
DBr

Bad performance with PDF

Post by DBr » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi,

I've already searched the forum for similar entries, but mostly they are referring to older releases and the suggested options don't work anymore (like properties that don't exist).

I have a quite big difference in performance between displaying pdf and tif images. Scrolling is not affected, but zooming and page changing sometimes takes up to a second. The settings for OptimizeDrawingSpeed and DisplayQualityAuto etc seem to have no noticable effect. With a demo license I tested to convert the pdf to tif which increased the displaying speed (except the initial waiting time for conversion, of course).

If it might be interesting, our first installation of GdPicture was version 7.2 and there was a far smaller difference between tif and pdf. I don't know excactly when it occured because we stopped working with pdf for some time. Now we are using version 8.4/8.5 which is having the perfomance problems.

Is there a known up to date solution for this issue or did you even have some cases with a similar effect?

Any idea for further examination would help, thanks already

kind regards,
Dominik Braun

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Bad performance with PDF

Post by Loïc » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Hello Dominik,

The rendering speed of A PDF document can be either faster or slower than a tiff image. This simply depend on the PDF content.

Currently, we are really happy of the rendering speed we we consider very optimized for almost all rendering case.

If you consider the viewer too slow with particular PDF, you can send them through our helpdesk plateform & we will provide a feedback.

Kind regards,

Loïc

DBr

Post by DBr » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi,

for now I don't have a file I can send, I'm trying to get a file with modified content so I am allowed to send it. I Don't know if this is possible yet, but I post again if I get any information.

Thanks so far,
and merry christmas :-)

Kind regards

Dominik

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Merry Christmas Dominik :)