License Code and Web Forms

Questions about GdPicture.NET license agreement.
pjbnet

License Code and Web Forms

Post by pjbnet » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi,

I maybe missing something but I am testing the picture library on a web page using the sample code provided.

if you right click on the page and view source, you are able to see the license key code. Is there any way of hiding this so that it cannot be stolen.

Im sure its one of those things that people will hardly ever try but all the same I wouldnt want to buy a license and then publish it on the internet for anyone who knows where to look.

Many thanks for your help

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: License Code and Web Forms

Post by Loïc » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Hello,
I wouldnt want to buy a license and then publish it on the internet for anyone who knows where to look.
Please have a look on our EULA: https://www.gdpicture.com/license/licens ... dotnet.php

Especially here:
4.8. You are not allowed to disclose your license key(s) on a public web page (any page that can be read outside of your organization).
In other words, we do not allow usage of GdPicture.NET on public website, especially for the reason you evoked.

If you want to hide your license key in HTML code that must be accessible within your organization only you can still use HTML encoding.

For example the text

Code: Select all

ABCDEF
Will be delivered as:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">document.write('\u0041\u0042\u0043\u0044\u0045\u0046');</script>
Kind regards,

Loïc

pjbnet

Re: License Code and Web Forms

Post by pjbnet » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:29 am

I guess I need another tool to do the job as I was trialling the library to use on a public facing (albeit secured) web site to serve archived scanned documents :-(