1 D Barcode Plugin incorrectly finds a Barcode

Discussions about barcode reading and writing
SJackson

1 D Barcode Plugin incorrectly finds a Barcode

Post by SJackson » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi,

I am trying to incorporate the GDpicture 1 D Barcode Recognition plugin into our product.

I am using the Sample Project for 1 D Barcode Recognition provided with GDPro to do some preliminary tests and have found that the plugin will find a barcode on a page that doesn't have a barcode the first time I click "Start", then if I click "Start" a second time on the same file it says "No barcode found !". Which is what I expected the first time.

I have attached an example file

Regards
Last edited by SJackson on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SJackson

Re: 1 D Barcode Plugin incorrectly finds a Barcode

Post by SJackson » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:12 pm

To add to this...

On some images that I had a barcode on them the first time I click "Start" it finds the barcode as I expect. But any subsequent clicks of "Start" go through varying results of non-barcode results and eventually end up with no "Barcode Found!"

I was hoping that at least the same results would be returned each time, whether they were wrong or not. But this seems very intermittent to whether or not it finds the barcode correctly, finds a nonsense result or finds no barcode at all.

Regards

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi,

Just click on the "Don't draw barcodes bounding box on the image" checkbox of the demo project.

SJackson

Post by SJackson » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi Loic,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried what you said but with the same results. It finds a Barcode with the value "7" when there is no barcode on the page.

FYI - I have raised a support ticket instead as the image I had attached was probably sensitive (to someone at least).

The ticket ID is 19222

Regards