Add GdPicture Components to the toolbox

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
ckmalice

Add GdPicture Components to the toolbox

Post by ckmalice » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:01 am

Hi all,

I am fresh on using GdPicture. I want to add the GdPicture components into VS 2010 toolbox, however, the following error is prompted.

Failed to create component 'AxHost'. The error message follows:

'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D747):

The ActiveX type library 'C:\Program Files\GdPicture.NET 9\Redist\COM Interop\GdPicture.NET.9.tlb' was exported from a .NET assembly and cannot be added as a reference.

Add a reference to the .NET assembly instead.

at System.Windows.Forms.Design.DocumentDesigner.AxToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host)

at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues)

at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponents(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues)

at System.Windows.Forms.Design.OleDragDropHandler.CreateTool(ToolboxItem tool, Control parent, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean hasLocation, Boolean hasSize, ToolboxSnapDragDropEventArgs e)'
---------------------------

Therefore, I cannot add any gdpicture components into forms except from code. But it is difficult to use. How can I set the item into toolbox?

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Add GdPicture Components to the toolbox

Post by Loïc » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Hello there,

From the reference guide:

- Right-click into the Toolbox Items and select "Add/Remove Items" for Visual Studio 2003 or "Choose Items" for Visual Studio 2005 & later.
- Select the .NET Framework Components tab
- Click on the Brows... button
- Select the GdPicture.NET dll which can be found on C:\Program Files\GdPicture.NET 9\Redist\Framework X.X\GdPicture.NET.dll
- Now you will be able to select a GdViewer Item from the Toolbox in order to draw it within your forms.

Let me know if this don't work from your side.

With best regards,

Loïc

Nilesh40

Post by Nilesh40 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:52 am

hi Loïc,

I have tried as you suggest but not working. The same error occurred that is shown by "ckmalis".

Any other suggestion,

waiting for your reply.

Regards
Nilesh

SamiKharma

Post by SamiKharma » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi,

I think you are trying to use COM version of GdPicture.NET, if that is the case, please have a look at the following link which will show you what to do according to your environment:
https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/v9/html/con ... tiveX.html

Best Regards,
Sami