Is a Web Server Deployment Possible ?

Questions about GdPicture.NET license agreement.
bsleep

Is a Web Server Deployment Possible ?

Post by bsleep » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:35 pm

We are currently using GDPicture 8.5.29 for our new product development and probably will use the 6 month free upgrade option to version 9 soon.

We have both a desktop app and a web server app that needs to use GDPicture for image viewing and annotation. Even though our web server app requires user login and authentication before navigating to the Images page, I am concerned about not being able to deploy a web server to a customer site because of the need to embed key information in the page and your current licensing scheme concerning such.

Even though our in-house development web server adheres to the license agreement, I am unsure how to deploy such a web server to a customer site. Any deployed web server would require user login and authentication but that still would allow any of our customers to see our key information. Is there any way for us to deploy a web server that uses GDPicture .Net and stay within the license agreement ?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions, Ben

bsleep

Re: Is a Web Server Deployment Possible ?

Post by bsleep » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:14 pm

I am in need of some sort of official response to this issue since our company shall need to deploy a web server to various customers sometime in the not so distant future once we finalize development of our new programs. I will also work on ways to try and hide these keys from being publicly viewable from the page source and will inform you if I am successful.

I understand GDPicture is currently pursuing development of new web page controls and if we end up not being able to deploy a web server under the current GDPicture sdk then we will need to know a rough estimate concerning the timing of when thse new web page controls will be available.

Thank you., Ben

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Hello Ben,

Sorry for the delay.
The best is to contact our sales team through the helpdesk or here: https://www.gdpicture.com/contact/contact-form.php

You should also provide some basic information about your application deployment model,architecture and maintenance mode to get a fast answer.

Kind regards,

Loïc

bsleep

Post by bsleep » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Thank you Loic and will do. Ben

bsleep

Post by bsleep » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Just wanted to give you a quick update about how I am going to handle this until you develop and release the new web server controls.

Instead of using the older com active x control embedded in a web page and javascript, I developed a WPF XBAP application. I already had a WPF Imaging class using GD Picture for our desktop application so I used that to develop a WPF XBAP application. This has some requirements and limitations we have to deal with but it is a better approach for now especially since it does not reveal any license keys.

I will reevaluate and probably redesign this after you release the new web server controls since that should provide the desired functionality more completely than the XBAP.

Thanks,

Benjamin Sleep
ViTel Net