Annotations - What is AnnotationEditor ?

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
louis

Annotations - What is AnnotationEditor ?

Post by louis » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Hello,

In the sample "Annotations", there is the AnnotationEditor class and the method GdViewer1.AddTextAnnotationInteractive.
If we use this method wihout the AnnotationEditor, that works, we can create a text annotation.
So, how to use the AnnotationEditor ? What is this class used for ?

Louis

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Annotations - What is AnnotationEditor ?

Post by Loïc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Hello Louis,

From the reference guide:
AnnotationEditor class allows to manipulate GdPicture/XMP annotation through a user interface.
Do you need to know something else?

Kind regards,

Loïc

louis

Post by louis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi,

Yes, sure, I need further information. The guide is limited to the methods, properties, ..., how to use them.
The method AddTextAnnotationInteractive is nice but we don't know what is the AnnotationEditor. In the sample "Annotations", there is nothing about the AnnotationEditor class.

Louis

louis

Post by louis » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Hello,

Very often, it's better to wait for a while before responding, ..., the asker can found out a solution or the answer by himself !! :)
So, I have it : in fact the annotation editor is similar to a classical properties window.
The properties are own to the annotation which is selected and the user can change each of them.
And the annotation can be created with the method AddTextAnnotationInteractive, or by code with the Annotation Manager which is accessible from the viewer.

I did not see the properties or editor window in the demo app because of the low resolution of the computer I used !
In that case, we have to scroll down to the bottom to see it.

Louis