GDPicture and Silverlight

Discussions about document viewing.
rpicilli

GDPicture and Silverlight

Post by rpicilli » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:30 am

Hi Loïc,

Do you have any news about using GDPicture with Silverlight?

Best regards

Rogerio

rpicilli

Re: GDPicture and Silverlight

Post by rpicilli » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi Loïc, any chance to get an answer?

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Hello Rogerio,

Sorry fort the delay.

Native Silverlight support has been abandoned. The fact is we have too few requests, too much work involved and no hope that Microsoft continues to support this platform in the long run. We offer an alternative that is suitable in some scenario of usages in our of browser mode with elevated privileges (see example coming with the GdPicture.NET package). We concentrate our research & development on WEB field with HTML5 / AJAX and maybe DART in a near future. For Windows users we will continue to offer WinForm controls (.NET and ActiveX) and soon WPF controls.

With best regards,

Loïc

rpicilli

Post by rpicilli » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Thank you Loïc. Is good to know that so we can point our efforts to the right directions.

Regards

Rogerio

bsleep

Post by bsleep » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Loïc wrote:Hello Rogerio,

Sorry fort the delay.

Native Silverlight support has been abandoned. The fact is we have too few requests, too much work involved and no hope that Microsoft continues to support this platform in the long run. We offer an alternative that is suitable in some scenario of usages in our of browser mode with elevated privileges (see example coming with the GdPicture.NET package). We concentrate our research & development on WEB field with HTML5 / AJAX and maybe DART in a near future. For Windows users we will continue to offer WinForm controls (.NET and ActiveX) and soon WPF controls.

With best regards,

Loïc

Hi Loic,

Regarding your last reply here, can you please define and narrow down a little the term "near future" ? Last year I was told the new web server controls would be available in the next major release. Now that is happening and I am being told near future.

The XBAP solution I developed for our webserver has too many limitations and I have been waiting patiently for new web server controls to hopefully at least remove the requirement that the device using the website be windows based. I would like to have Ipads/Android/Tablets and such to be able to use the website and have the imaging functionality. The AJAX webserver server controls you state that are under development should help SIGNIFICANTLY.

Thanks, Ben

stanlyn

Post by stanlyn » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:46 am

Hi,

Where are you on the new web server controls?

Thanks, Stanley

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Hello,
Where are you on the new web server controls?

What I can tell so far is something really, really exciting will be available soon, probably before the end of the year.

We will communicate about our roadmap, in due time, through our newsletter. To subscribe: https://www.gdpicture.com/subscription/n ... scribe.php

With best regards,

Loïc Carrère