[GDPicture 10] Unable to test my application on another PC

Discussions about PDF management.
j2df

[GDPicture 10] Unable to test my application on another PC

Post by j2df » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:39 am

Hello,

First off, I have to say that I'm still using the trial key. It won't be for long, we'll purchase the library this week or the first week of january, but it might be the problem here.

Ok so I'm developing an application and I'd need one of my colleague to test some functionalities I implemented regarding the PDF Library. What I normally do, I know it's not the perfect way to test but it's the easiest, is just copy my bin\Release VS2010 directory on his computer and then it should just work. I don't want to create a setup right away so for me it's the easiest way to do it. When I then try to launch my application it's crashing and if I look inside the event log it's saying there's a System.Exception with GDPicture10. Here's the complete error :

Code: Select all

Application: [name of my application].exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Exception
Stack:
   at gdpicture_?.gdpicture_?(Boolean)
   at gdpicture_?.gdpicture_?(Boolean)
   at gdpicture_?.gdpicture_?(Int32)
   at gdpicture_?.?(System.String, System.String ByRef)
   at GdPicture10.LicenseManager.RegisterKEY(System.String)
   at [name of my application].Application..ctor()
   at [name of my application].Application.Main()
I guess it's pretty self explanatory since it's refering to the LicenceManager, but I'd like to be sure the trial version is the problem here.
Let me know, thanks a lot !

Cedric

Re: [GDPicture 10] Unable to test my application on another

Post by Cedric » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi,

It has nothing to do with the trial version (which actually is an Ultimate edition with a 30 days limitation only), the same applies for the commercial version (it is the very same installation package anyway).
There is no trace of the SDK on the target computer so you cannot just execute a program using GdPicture.NET without distributing the needed files as well, the library simple does not exist on this system.
Please have a look here: https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/html/webfra ... e.NET.html
Depending on the features you are using you have to deploy at least GdPicture.NET.10.dll, GdPicture.NET.10.filters.dll and GdPicture.NET.10.image.gdimgplug.dll (and/or their 64-bit equivalent) and since you are mentioning the PDF library you also need to deploy GdPicture.NET.10.PDF.dll.
Just copy the relevant files into the bin\Release folder you distribute and that's it.

Cheers!

j2df

Re: [GDPicture 10] Unable to test my application on another

Post by j2df » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:55 pm

Great thanks a lot for your answer! I just purchased it thirty minutes ago, tried it, saw that it didn't work either, came back on this topic and saw your answer ;)

I figured every DLL I needed was already copied in the release directory but it turned out the filter and gdiimgplug DLLs weren't there.

Have a nice day!