Tiff export errors AFTER page deletion and restricting

Discussions about image processing and document imaging.
codeguy

Tiff export errors AFTER page deletion and restricting

Post by codeguy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:59 pm

I have an application using GD Picture 6.7.

There is section where I have a GDViewer where I load a multipage tiff and the user can delete pages and restrict areas of the pages.

Once they are done I want to save two copies. One as a PDF and another as a multipage tiff. Like so:

status = gdPictureImaging.PdfCreateFromMultipageTIFF(imageId, pdfFilePath, false, title, "Test", subject, "","Test");
status = gdPictureImaging.TiffSaveMultiPageToFile(imageId, savedFile.FullName, TiffCompression.TiffCompressionJPEG);

The PDF creation always works. However there are random occasions (maybe 1 in 40) where the multi-page tiff is stored incorrectly. It's like it doesn't delete the proper page and puts the restrictions on a page that was deleted.

For example, say I have a four page tiff file and delete the first and third pages. Then I restrict areas of the second page. The pdf will export properly with two pages with the proper blacked out sections. The multi-page tiff will export but will show the third page with the restrictions meant for the second.

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before?

SamiKharma

Re: Tiff export errors AFTER page deletion and restricting

Post by SamiKharma » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately no, such a problem has never been faced. I am guessing it is somewhere in your code.
Since the problem is not very specific, i.e not isolated into a single problem like (deleting a page failure, or saving an image failure) there is not much we can suggest.
What I can suggest is trying to isolate the problem into one of those, once you have a reproducible issue, please inform us.

Best,
Sami