Load several XMP files at the same time

Discussions about document viewing.
esanchez

Load several XMP files at the same time

Post by esanchez » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi, I'm currently using GdPicture 8.5. I have managed to save my annotations to a Blob field in MYSQL. When I load my annotations from the field everything works ok. The goal I want to accomplish is to load all annotations stored in diferrent rows in my database to the same document (somethng similar to loading different annotations contained in different XMP files to display at the same time). However, gdViewer loads correctly the annotations but only displays the last annotatios loaded (or it displays correctly only the last XMP file loaded and dissapears the previous one).

How can I load and display at the same time several XMP files/streams?

Thanks a lot

SamiKharma

Re: Load several XMP files at the same time

Post by SamiKharma » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi,

There is no way to load several different XMP data for a single document, the XMP data that will be actually loaded will be the last, it will supersedes all the previous ones.

Best,
Sami

esanchez

Post by esanchez » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:42 pm

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I would like, however, to suggest an implementation for a future release of this feature since it would be ideal to be able to see the comments other people made on your document without actually burning them to the page.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu May 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Hello,
I would like, however, to suggest an implementation for a future release of this feature
Such feature has been implemented in v10. See methods AddAnnotationFromXML () and GetAnnotationXML () of the AnnotationManager class.

Let me know if you need further details.

With best regards,

Loïc