AccessViolationException in Finalize() method

Discussions about document viewing.
albertuser

AccessViolationException in Finalize() method

Post by albertuser » Mon May 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Hello

I maintain a Windows Forms (.Net 4.0) application which uses GdPicture.Net v6.5.0.3, specifically the GdViewer component, to display image files.
Users are reporting that our application crashes after handling a random number of images.

The Windows Event Viewer shows a System.AccessViolationException. As this originates in unmanaged code and hence bypasses all of our C# handlers and unhandled exception failsafes, we don't even get good logging. I can say however that it comes shortly after an "InternetConnectError" occurs during a gdViewer.DisplayFromHTTP() call.

I believe I have located the offending method in the GdPicture .dll disassembly - see attachment.
culprit disassembly.jpg
I am also attaching a screenshot of the Event Viewer showing the text of the errors.
event1026.jpg
Is there a patch for this crashing issue?

Regards

Albert

albertuser

Re: AccessViolationException in Finalize() method

Post by albertuser » Thu May 29, 2014 10:48 am

No answer yet - maybe I posted in an incorrect sub-forum...

But is this the wrong place to look for info for a critical crashing issue in this paid-for commercial product?

Our version is now several years old, I find it hard to believe this bug has not been detected and fixed at this stage. I cannot find any info elsewhere on this site though.

Is there somewhere I can download older (version 6.x) releases?

Can someone from GdPicture please advise urgently - we are under pressure to address this crash.

Thanks
Albert

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: AccessViolationException in Finalize() method

Post by Loïc » Thu May 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Hello Albert,

Yes you are in the wrong forum, and GdPicture 6 is not maintained since four years.
That said, this problem is unknown and can be caused by a previous memory access violation for example.

I can suggest you to upgrade the control to the latest version 10 version, if you need more information you can contact our sales department through https://www.gdpicture.com/contact.php

Our technical team can help for urgent situation through our helpdesk platform companies owning a valid license covered by a support plan.
Link: https://www.gdpicture.com/support/getting-support-from-our-team

With best regards,

Loïc