Configure PDF Viewer for Performance/Quality

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
dick1

Configure PDF Viewer for Performance/Quality

Post by dick1 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Hello,

we are currently evaluating the GdPicture.NET WPF control and encountered a problem.
Is there a way to improve the performance in terms of page loading speed? The only related thread i found was configure-pdf-viewer-t769.html.
However the gdviewer is not exposing the properties mentioned in the thread.
Is there any chance to adjust the performance?

Best Regards
Peter

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Configure PDF Viewer for Performance/Quality

Post by Loïc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:47 pm

Hello Peter,

WPF environment already offers any possible acceleration for painting image such as GPU optimization and deferred painting. Consequently there is no property to balance between quality and speed.

That being said, you've mentioned a problem. Could you clarify what your problem is?

Please let me know if you need further information.

With best regards,

Loïc

dick1

Post by dick1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:43 am

Hi Loïc,

the problem is viewing scanned documents. Opening those usually takes, depending on the document 1-3 seconds. Therefore i was wondering whether there were some props i could set to improve the loading speed. I'm not sure if the ocr process takes the time or the rendering.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi,

Loading speed is supposed to be very fast (mot of the time about few milliseconds).

But if you are doing OCR processing before loading a new document you will obviously don't have the same performance.

What I can suggest you is to try to profile your application in order to determine what is taking undesirable amount of processing time. A simple stopwatch should do the trick but if you want to measure everything in one shoot I can suggest something like ANTS profiler: http://www.red-gate.com/products/dotnet ... -profiler/

With best regard,

Loïc