Electronic Signature Support

Discussions about PDF management.
billwhalen

Electronic Signature Support

Post by billwhalen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Is there support within the toolkit or via plug-ins for electronically signing a document?

Two options may be out there:

Option 1 - Signing with a digital certificate or authentication (user/pw)
Option 2 - Stylus via a signature pad device (topaz, verifone, ingenico, Microsoft INK etc)

delbeke

Re: Electronic Signature Support

Post by delbeke » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:48 am

Hi billwhalen

GdPicture can sign PDFs with oiption 1 (see : https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/web ... lean).html)

It's the first time we ask us for the option 2, and GdPicture has no way to do that. I'll put that on the whish list.

Do not hesitate to ask for more info if needed.
Jean-Luc

Gabriela

Post by Gabriela » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Here you can find a code snippet based on GdPicture.NET 14:

How to digitally sign or certify PDF documents
https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/web ... ents.html

rlagrange

Post by rlagrange » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi Gabriela, BillWhalen,

I'm working on the digital sign pad feature too, and we are using the Wacom WILL SDK.
As the SDK provide a simple picture, with embedded biometric, it's very simple to add it as an AnnotationEmbeddedImage.

But... the picture is further compressed by gdpicture at save (we want to compress all the other pictures), and we lose a lot of data in the process.
Is there a way to prevent gdpicture to compress an AnnotationEmbeddedImage ? Something like the "preventburning" property should be fine.

Thanks.

Gabriela

Post by Gabriela » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 am

Hi,
you can try to disable compression using this method:
https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/web ... ssion.html

jaal86

Post by jaal86 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:08 pm

Hi, I have exactly the same issue, and the provided answer I believe is no longer available. I'm not sure if there is a solution with GdPicture 14. To add the signature image from the Wacom Pad, we use the following code:

GdPictureImaging gdpictureImaging = new GdPictureImaging();
int imageID = gdpictureImaging.CreateGdPictureImageFromFile(@"c:\Temp\Output.png");
double width = gdpictureImaging.GetWidthInches(imageID);
double height = gdpictureImaging.GetHeightInches(imageID);
status = gdpicturePDF.SetSignatureStampImage(gdpicturePDF.AddImageFromGdPictureImage(imageID, false, false));

I hope you can help me with this. Without further ado.

Julio
rlagrange wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:53 pm
Hi Gabriela, BillWhalen,

I'm working on the digital sign pad feature too, and we are using the Wacom WILL SDK.
As the SDK provide a simple picture, with embedded biometric, it's very simple to add it as an AnnotationEmbeddedImage.

But... the picture is further compressed by gdpicture at save (we want to compress all the other pictures), and we lose a lot of data in the process.
Is there a way to prevent gdpicture to compress an AnnotationEmbeddedImage ? Something like the "preventburning" property should be fine.

Thanks.