Most reliable way to insert an existing PDF with multiple pages into another PDF

Discussions about PDF management.
sbarlow

Most reliable way to insert an existing PDF with multiple pages into another PDF

Post by sbarlow » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:50 pm

I see there are a few ways to be able to insert a PDF with multiple pages into another PDF with multiple pages. Which is the better way to go? For both speed and reliability, the PDFs may or may not have been generated from GDPicture

1) Split the original using clone (page by page) creating 2 PDFs separated at the point you want to insert, then use merge to include the one you want to insert.
2) Insert new blank pages into the PDF and draw the contents of the pages of the PDF you want to insert
3) Append the PDF you want to insert then move the pages to the location of the insert in the PDF

Another way?

Thanks,
Scott

delbeke

Re: Most reliable way to insert an existing PDF with multiple pages into another PDF

Post by delbeke » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:21 am

Hi sbarlow
I think about creating a brand new pdf and then clone wanted pages in it at will.

All methods seem to equivalent because merging use internally the clone page function.
The method 2 is original because it do not use clone page. Perhaps the size of the final pdf may be lower, not sure of this.

Hope this help
Jean-Luc

sbarlow

Re: Most reliable way to insert an existing PDF with multiple pages into another PDF

Post by sbarlow » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Thanks Jean-Luc,

I elected to go with building a new PDF using the clone method (page by page) from the PDF's involved

Scott

delbeke

Post by delbeke » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Ok Scott

Thanks for the return

Best regards
Jean-Luc