docuvieware GetPageFormFields

Discussions about DocuVieware integration in GdPicture.NET.
BobKnier

docuvieware GetPageFormFields

Post by BobKnier » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:36 pm

I have a document that has a single signature form field on the third page. If I use GDPicture, I can verify the signature id (33), page and location. However, if I use the javascript docuvieware GetPageFormFields, I always receive a 1 as a response (failure - no form fields). I have verified the document is loaded and initialized. Other javascript functions work (like GetCurrentPage and SelectPage).
Does the docuvieware GetPageFormFields recognize signature fields?
I attached the document (output.pdf - it has a signature form field on the last page).
Thanks!

Bob
Attachments
output.pdf
(151.01 KiB) Downloaded 317 times

Fabio

Re: docuvieware GetPageFormFields

Post by Fabio » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:55 pm

Hi there,

Signature is different than a standard annotation since ut is burned (written directly in the document and not on the annotation layer/XMP).
So it is the normal behavior, signature it's like a redaction, it is related to the security of the document so you didn't do something wrong!

Best regards,
Fabio de Rose
Solution Engineer

BobKnier

Post by BobKnier » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:26 am

Thanks, but something doesn't make sense. I added a signature form field (see attached document). The form field has ID 33 and type 6 (signature form field). If I use GDPicturePDF AddSignatureFormField to add the form field.

When attempting to sign the document, I would like the user to first sign the form field(s) on each page. Once that has been completed, then sign the document.

If I execute the following code on the back end using GDPicture (C#), I get a count of 1, id of 33 and type of 6
int iCount = oGdPicturePdf.GetFormFieldsCount();
status = oGdPicturePdf.GetStat();
if (status == GdPictureStatus.OK)
{
for (int i = 0; i < iCount; i++)
{
int id = oGdPicturePdf.GetFormFieldId(i);
status = oGdPicturePdf.GetStat();
if (status == GdPictureStatus.OK)
{
// Get Field Info
PdfFormFieldType type = oGdPicturePdf.GetFormFieldType(id);

If I execute the following typescript, I see a value of 1 for each page (as though the form field does not exist on page 1, 2 or 3 - it should be on page 3).

for (i = 1; i <= 3; i++) {
var k = me.docuviewareService.GetPageFormFields(me.sessionId, page);
console.log("GetPageFormFields: " + k);
}

What I would like to do is have the user either initial and/or sign different pages in the document (for example initial page 1 and sign page 3). Once that has been completed, then the document would be signed (i.e. burned in).

Is the process I'm using incorrect?

Thanks!

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi Bob,

You doing it right, but GdPicture do not act to let you do it like this.
The solution is to get the current page when the signature is applied, then, count the pages number and decide if yes or not, the user signed right the document.
But the problem is, the signature will be instantanly burned on the document, so no modification and no ID recuperation post-burn.

We planned to change our signature feature since a lot of customers want to "edit" the signature post-application.
We will make it more like a standard annotation, so you will be able to manage the signature and choose when you want to burn it down.
It will be easier for you to develop this method and to manage it properly, it's on our roadmap!

Best regards,
Fabio de Rose
Solutions Engineer