MAJOR BUG: Function GdPictureImaging.ColorDetection() causes changed characters

Discussions about PDF management.
LRSDev

MAJOR BUG: Function GdPictureImaging.ColorDetection() causes changed characters

Post by LRSDev » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:04 pm

Hi,

we encounter a major issue with the function GdPictureImaging.ColorDetection(int, bool, bool, bool, bool) with the bool parameter RepairChars set to true. What happens is, that when saving an image using SaveAsPDF(), the scan actually changes numbers on the page (see attachments)
We assume it has to do with JBIG2 compression used in the ColorDetection function - but we are not sure.

This issue is a known issue since years, first happened on a Xerox photocopier in 2013. Since then it was clear to not use JBIG2 lossy compression. Are you still using this lossy JBIG2 compression?

The issue with lossy JBIG2 compression is described here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JBIG2

Are you aware of this issue?
MicrosoftTeams-image.png
Wrong number
Attachments
input.pdf
Input file (needed to redact for confidentiality)
(583.68 KiB) Downloaded 367 times

Hugo

Re: MAJOR BUG: Function GdPictureImaging.ColorDetection() causes changed characters

Post by Hugo » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:33 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

I would be needing to reproduce the issue on my end to fully understand where the issue lies here. Could you provide me with a short code project I can run on my end "as is" to replicate this behavior please?

Regards,
Hugo Cudd
Technical Support

LRSDev

Re: MAJOR BUG: Function GdPictureImaging.ColorDetection() causes changed characters

Post by LRSDev » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:35 pm

Hi,
we created a support ticket: #54258
https://orpalis.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/54258

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:44 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your ticket. I see our developpers have handled it on our end. They very much appreciate your feedback on this. This issue is solved for our next minor release.

We'll further update you when this is available in your ticket.

Regards,
Hugo Cudd
Technical Support