[GdTwain] License key no longer working.

Questions about GdPicture.NET license agreement.
jal

[GdTwain] License key no longer working.

Post by jal » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:13 pm

A month ago I bought a license to GDtwainPro.

I seem to have lost the installer file so I redownloaded it because I need to reinstall (long story) - only to find it's a new version.

When I run the code

Axtwain1.SetLicenseNumber(..................

No error is thrown. I'm sure the key is correct, because I haven't changed the above line of code from a month ago. No error is thrown. Yet it tells me "Unregistered version."

I'm pretty sure it was the pro version I purchased, because I remember paying some $259 or so for it.

jal

Re: License key no longer working.

Post by jal » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:16 pm

And yes, I did set a breakpoint on that line of code to insure it is executing.

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:49 pm

Hi,

You purchased GdTwain 1.X edition and you are probably trying to use your license key with the 2.X edition that we just released.

You can download the 1.x edition from https://www.gdpicture.com/download/v4/ or contact our commercial team to get a free upgrade to the 2.X edition: esales (at) gdpicture (dot) com.

Send us your license key and the name of the company which purchased the license.

Best regards,

Loïc

jal

Post by jal » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Loïc wrote:Hi,

You purchased GdTwain 1.X edition and you are probably trying to use your license key with the 2.X edition that we just released.

You can download the 1.x edition from https://www.gdpicture.com/download/v4/ or contact our commercial team to get a free upgrade to the 2.X edition: esales (at) gdpicture (dot) com.

Send us your license key and the name of the company which purchased the license.

Best regards,

Loïc
Thanks for the lightning-fast reply, I downloaded version 1.x per your advice and it worked like a charm.

jkammerz

Re: [GdTwain] License key no longer working.

Post by jkammerz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:10 pm

I recently purchased the license for the GDTwain2 for use in an application that was set to use CDTwain1. It fails to recognize the license key so I'm presuming the calls have changed. Do you have a snippet of the old version as compared to the new? Or can I get a license for the V1?

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: [GdTwain] License key no longer working.

Post by Loïc » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:20 am

Hi,

Please send us a query to esales (at) gdpicture (dot) com to get a free downgrade from GdTwain 2.X to GdTwain 1.X

Please, specify your license key and the date of the order.

Best regards,

Loïc Carrère